Saturday, September 28, 2013

Song Illustration Painting

The first project that my 9th grade students completed was a painting inspired by a song of their choice. While in their history class, student had to choose a song and analyze the meaning of the lyrics. In my class, I wanted them to choose a song they liked and illustrate it. Before starting, students planned out the song, the mood that the song was portraying, and the lyrics from the song they wanted to be inspired by. Some students struggled with what to draw, and I suggested that they think of what visually pops into their head when they are listening to the song or to watch the music video of the song for ideas.





2 comments:

  1. I really liked your finished product. Did you have any problems with the lyrics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of the students wanted to use a song that had some inappropriate lyrics. To come to a compromise, I told them that they had to include at least a phrase from the song, and those words should be appropriate. That worked out well for most students. I also told them to assume that their artwork might be seen by the principal or their parents.

    ReplyDelete